Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years

So its 2013. Another year. This has certainly been a year of change and my spiritual growth. I have learned to become teachable. I have embraced my emotional health and come out on the other side.
Today I can say that as I step into this new year I have much better off than I was last year. I don't have the financial freedom that I want, but I have such growth in my emotional and mental state. I owe a lot of it to working with Jen and I owe a lot of it as day after day I stay sober. In AA they say after 5 years of being sober one gets their marbles back. After 5 one learns how to play with them. I can say that for myself. I am learning to play well with others. That was one thing that Jen and I talked about a lot was learning how to play well with others. Even wanting to play with others period. That was something I never wanted or knew how to do.
Last night I went out to dinner and a movie and then dessert after the movie with a friend. It was such a relaxing evening. A evening that was filled with laughter and healthy living. I am all about living a healthy emotional life these days

I remember what New Years would be like before I got sober. Sick and hungover. Not sure what I did or what I had said the night before. Sad because I would be coming up on a year that had no hope or promise. I would just feel like it was just another year for the bad things to happen. I am so grateful I don't live that way anymore. I am grateful that today I have choices and chances. I have the choice to server a power greater than myself. I have a choice to love me just a little more and stay teachable. I have the choice to drink or not to drink. I have the choice to have a choice. As long as I continue to keep these choices I have a chance at a good day. Living it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment