Thursday, January 31, 2013

Another Day

Just got back from a meeting. Sometimes I just feel God in those rooms more so than other times. Today I felt very serene and was able to truly relax in the meeting. Listening to people talk about unity. Before I got sober I did not know what is was truly like to be a part of something. I look back over my life and the one thing that I have done perfectly is stay sober. It amazes me that I have a hard time holding on any job lately for any long length of time, but I have held on to my sober life for almost 7 years now. What a miracle! I don't think about drinking or drugging. When life is kicking me in the ass I don't think about that default button of destroying myself.

Yesterday I had to go take a drug test for a potential job. What a relief that I did not have to worry about the results. I could walk into Labcorp with confidence knowing I had nothing to hide. It amazes me how much my life has changed. I recall a time I was due for a really great job about 8 years ago. They called and told me I had the job but I needed to take a drug test. Was told where to go and I never went to take the test. I knew I would fail it. Today I don't have that monkey on my back.

So today is just another day to be kind to people, to love myself just a little bit more and take care of myself. During my quiet times get in touch with my Higher Power and just be okay. Life is handing me some challenges but I am handling life by staying sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment