Monday, January 28, 2013

2 Years

Two years are approaching that I made the decision about becoming a man. I can't believe that almost two years ago I realized what had been missing in my life. That I was not truly happy because of the things lacking in my life. What was lacking? I made that decision to transition. I remember coming out to my therapist about this first. That I just needed to say it out loud. It was such a freeing feeling. I felt the same way the day I walked into the rooms of AA and declared that I was an addict and I was powerless over my life. Today I am a free man. I am who I know I should have always been.
2 years of not being ashamed of who I am. Two years of being comfortable in my own skin. 
Although there are other aspects of my life that are not in order, one thing is for sure. I know who I am and what I want to continue to become. That is a good and decent African American man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment