Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Faith

Something that I am learning through this whole ordeal about this job is my faith in God or a power greater than myself.
I also have been a little hard on myself about my past again. Looking at the things I should have done back during my younger years. Finished school. Acquired some office skills or some sort of skills. I could go on and on about what I should have done but I know now that looking back will make no difference.
I was told once that the rear view mirror is the size that it is and the front window is the size that it is for a reason. We look at the smaller view from the rear view mirror and the whole picture from the front.
I need to be looking ahead and seeing what is in store for me in front of me.
Looking back just causes a whole lot of discomfort and discomfort is not where I want to be. Where I am today is trying to have a better walk with God.
I have been fasting from meat and sugar these last two days. The meat I have done okay with, I have slipped with the sugar with the hard candy I have in my candy dish. I need to pray that I can let that go. My prayers should not be for a job but for my relationship with God to get stronger and I have more faith in God.
When I pray I have a comfort level that I can't describe. It is like something washes over me and says its going to be okay. I don't think it will be easy but it will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment