Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Morning

So I start this new job next week and once again I will have to go through the explanation about why the name change when they do their background check or maybe not.
I pray that God will allow me to keep this job and I can have some longevity with it.
There is so much I want to do and it all evolves around having money. Like having the surgery and being able to travel to Dallas in March. Finally meeting a group of transmen of all ages. What a wonderful feeling that will be to finally meet some of the men that I admire and would like to have as a mentor.

So this Sunday morning has been quiet and a morning of getting things done. As I am at my computer looking out the window I feel the warmth of the sun coming through the window pane. It is soothing, and comforting. It's almost the same feeling I had the day I announced to myself and to Jen about my questions about my gender. When it was out and I was able to speak those words I felt the sunlight of the spirit wash over me. It was as if I was reborn.

I have been praying a lot lately and have recently started a fasting once a week to get closer to God. It is really something now today I feel like I am looking forward to doing this. Just building a better relationship with God and getting stronger in my faith.
I guess I am just growing up. I never would have dreamed that I would be fasting and praying and praising God the way that I do now. I am at peace with myself, my family and with God. It is an amazing feeling to be at peace. To be able to match calamity with serenity. The promises throughout the Big Book are coming true for me. I am nowhere near where I want to be but thank God I have faith that I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment