Saturday, February 25, 2012

Connecting

Hooked up with some brothers last night and had dinner. They were all transmen. I felt so connected, so myself for the first time in my life. It was my first time being with African American transmen. I can't even describe how comfortable I felt and how I felt like I had finally arrived.
Earlier this week I was invited to dinner with a bunch of women. Other obligations lead me not to go. But I was also thinking that what I and my female friends need to realize is that no longer am I one of the girls. If I am coming along for the ride it will be as a male. More and more every day I am accepting my maleness. I am getting comfortable with becoming a male. Not sure what lead up to this or if it's just a step I was heading in and finally have gotten there. I am feeling much more a free man these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment