Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Mother

My mother died yesterday. I don't know if I have the words to describe how this pain feels. Even though she was 97 years old its a shock. I really thought after she got sick this last time she would be with us just a little bit longer. She died peacefully in her sleep at her home in the early morning hours. She leaves a generation of people that will leave on. We are better people because of her. I watched my Mother work long and hard hours to provide for her family. She always wanted the best for us and provided as best as she could.
I also watched my Mother become a wonderful Grandmother and eventually a Great Grandmother. Although we never spoke about my transition I felt that as her health began to fail that it was not important. It was not about me it was about allowing my Mother to live out her last years. Making her comfortable and providing for her as best as we could.

Next week we will say our final good byes. She is at peace now. I just have to live the life my Mother would have wanted with grace and dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment