Saturday, March 30, 2013

Feeling Alone In AA

Lately I have felt more alone in AA than ever before. I feel like being a black man is keeping me away from people. My transition has isolated me a little from people. Once I was always included in social events. I am now never asked. I go to a meeting get my recovery and go home. I don't have much conversation with people any more and feel like I am just not a part of the group any longer.
I know this could all be in my head. But I see how each group of people have their own little click and I am just not a part of. People I use to be around have disappeared and are a part of a new group.
I don't fit in with being with woman and I don't fit in being with men. I don't raise my hand to sponsor because who am I suppose to sponsor? So I just walk my recovery with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment