Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Morning

It's been awhile since I posted anything. I have got to get better at my writing. I am feeling really good about my transition. I am comfortable where I am and even more comfortable with my manhood. I wonder a lot where my path would be right now if I was born a male. Would I have been a substance abuser and drinker? Would I be married now with the kids and the house. What would my profession be? Making this change late in life is almost like a rebirth. I am starting for the first time. I feel the need to become a new person all over again.
I had this dream the other night that I was total male and I was having a drink at the bar with this woman. It was so real. I woke up thinking that was my glimpse into the world of what I would have been like if I was born male. I might have been able to drink. But this it the real life and I cannot drink I am a recovering alcoholic and in this life I cannot and will not drink.
In AA they call that a drinking dream. Have never had one in my 6 years of being sober. I have heard people talk about them but I had never had one. It tricky because I woke up thinking man was that a dream or did that happen? Thank God it was a dream!

So here I am on the Sunday morning enjoying the quietness and getting ready to start my day. Something about Sunday mornings it's quiet and serene. I yearn for those serene moments. I love just being with me in the quiet. My soul is at rest.

I promise to write more to become better discipline with writing in my blog as well as my personal writings that I have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment