Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday Morning

It is something about Saturday mornings that I love to sleep in later and wake up and hear the silence. Feel at peace. I never felt this kind of peace before until I accepted who I am. Today my serenity and peace are one. I have been thinking back to the day I knew I needed to take the steps to become a the man I was always suppose to be I knew within in my heart a long time ago that I was different.
AA was always telling me that I am not unique. But I knew deep down something was different with me. That I was hiding something deep inside. I thought it might have been about the abuse. But I have worked on that. I have come to accept what has happened. I am even at a level of forgiveness about that. What I have learned in my recovery is that I have to forgive in order to stay healthy. I have to be at peace about those things that shake my emotions. Always accepting that its Gods will not mine.
So this morning I wake up thinking about the steps I took in order to accept my transition. The steps I took to start my transition and the steps I am still taking in living my transition.
I am at peace. I use to worry about what friends and family were going to think but I no longer have that deep rooted fear. What I do have is a feeling of peace and that I feel is what living is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment