Friday, August 23, 2013

Fear

Something as simple as wanting to let my beard and mustache grow gives me a little fear in the pit of my stomach. What will people think who know me as a woman. How do I explain if one of them asks? Will my family think I have gone crazy? Will it confuse my 96 year old Mother who already in her bouts of confusion not know who I am. What do I do?
This is when I wish two things. I was already born a man and that I did not live in this area. It would be so simple to be in a city away from people I grew up with and be who I truly am.
Am I being a sell out trying to be something I am not? What about the honesty I want to be who I am suppose to be?
I need to get feedback from others I am sure I am not the only one going through this. I am not alone in this nor am I unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment