Sunday, September 18, 2011

On The "T"

One week and I have been on the T. Every day I look for changes. I feel like I did when I was 8. It was Christmas and all I wanted was Johnny and Jane West set Of course the complete set! With the ranch and the horses Deep down I wondered if I would be allowed to have this boy toy. There had been no debate about it when I asked for what I wanted on that special day. I thought it would be safer asking for Jane West as well. After all she was a girl doll. But she wore western wear and looking at her now. She was nothing near the femme world of Barbie. She wore pants and a shirt very much like her husband or could it have been her sibling? I got the entire set including Johnny West that Christmas. I think it was the best Christmas present I ever got. I certainly is the one I remembered. All the accessories were included. I spent hours playing with Johnny and Jane. Riding into the sunset on Thunderbolt, waking up in the morning having coffee over the flames. As I recall I was always allowed the boy toys. I had the GI Joe's etc 
I write all of this because I felt like that little boy last Tuesday. Excited and anxious all at the same time. I am crossing over to being the man that this little girl of 8 wanted to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment